Week 2 at Ada
Full disclosure: I'm writing this post at the end of week 4. Details may be fuzzy.
Looking back at each week, I keep being surprised at the amount of work we've done each week. We are at school for 40ish hours a week, so it makes sense that we've been able to jam so much in. In the moment, it just feels like we're working hard, one task at a time.
Week two's (mainly ASCII art) highlights include:
- The dreaded Orange Tree mini-project, complete with ASCII forest. I didn't really care for this project!
- The Solar System Info-Spouting Command Line Thingy
- Our Tamagotchi-esque Baby Dragons
- Auto Ada side project (this figures out what day it is, parses the appropriate Ada weekly overview on GitHub, and then displays that day's schedule as a nice, little HTML table for Bookis' TV app thingy to read.)
- Ruby Koans... let the enlightenment begin!
- Women Who Code Meetup at Amazon
This was also the first week I realized that people outside of cohort were paying attention to us on Twitter.